What Season are We In Again?
I recently got an email from JCrew. They want me to buy stuff, as usual. They are trying to help me prepare for the upcoming season so that when the weather changes, I’ll have the proper attire for the season. It's hard to notice the changes especially in sunny Southern California. But as you know, in life and with God, there is a cadence, a rhythm to this journey. Each season helps us to remember what's truly important.
As for me, I get excited because I get to finally pull out my cardigans. I love cardigans, they keep me warm and hide my fat belly. But, it is also in this season I am reminded yet again to be willing to give my cardigans, jackets, sweaters away to those who are “cold” and “unsheltered”. In this season I am reminded how far God has taken me, my tribe, my family. Because of his faithfulness I am empowered to faithfully serve others. From friends without homes to friends without much, it is a great time to cover our friends and to provide shelter for others. Despite the gloom, the rain, the melancholy of Fall (not really in California I guess), join me in entering this season with joy, for it is more blessed to give than to receive.
Because He Lives,
Movement 3 | Provision | Fall
“God is my Provider and Shelter” - The Feast of Tabernacle.
Simply put, it’s the season we remember the fact that God has shelthered us in the Exodus of Life, that in Christ we are protected, shelthered, and given a new home… to rest.
- Orphan Sunday (Home for those still in the desert, the orphans)
- Safe Families (shelter)
- (New) Mental Health Sunday (Peace of Mind)
- Recess (Sabbath Rest for Families with Disabilities)
- Baptism (joining the Family of God, home),
- Membership (coming home)
- Anniversary (celebrating God’s faithful provision of shelter and providing a home for us, the local church)
What’s coming up?
- Sept 19th - Recess 1 Year Anniversary.
- Oct 4-13 - Isaac & I in Korea, Young Nak Church English Retreat.
- Oct 12th - Isaac & I visit Dropbox Pastor Lee at Jusarang Church.
- Oct 11th - Mental Health Sunday.
- Oct 18th - Baptism Class.
- Nov 5th - Church West - Tax & Law Conference | Brea - Staff at conference.
- Nov 8th - Orphan Sunday.
- Nov 13th - Membership Class.
- Nov 15th - Baptism Service.
- Nov 22nd - Anniversary Service | 7th year! - Special Guest Mentor - Dave Gibbons, Newsong Pastor.
- Dec 4th - Members Meeting & New Members Ceremony.
- Nov 29-Dec 20 - Advent Sundays