WHAT SEASON ARE WE IN AGAIN?
I recently got an email from JCrew. They want me to buy stuff, as usual. They are trying to help me prepare for the upcoming season so that when the weather changes, I’ll have the proper attire for the season. In the same way, let’s clean up from Summer and pack our closets with appropriate clothing for the season. As for me, I get excited because I get to finally pull out my cardigans. I love cardigans, they keep me warm and hide my fat belly. But, it is also in season I’ve found myself giving my cardigans, jackets, sweaters away to those who are “cold” and “unsheltered”. From friends without homes to friends without much, it is a great time to cover our friends and to shelter the stranger. Despite the gloom, the rain, the melancholy of Fall, join me in entering it with joy, for it is more blessed to give than to receive.
Ekko’s Four Movements (see Ekko Magazine)
A Symphony of Reflection & Worship in Four Movements
Movement 3 / Provision / Fall
“God is my Provider and Shelter”
The Feast of Tabernacle
Movement 4 / Purpose / Winter
“Your Kingdom Come, Your Will Be Done”
Advent Sundays + Christmas + New Year’s Eve + Ash Wednesday, Lent
Movement 1 / Praise / Spring
“God is my Deliverer and My Salvation”
Passover Feast + Good Friday + Palm Sunday + Easter Celebration
Movement 2 / Passion / Summer
“I am My Beloved’s and He is Mine”
Pentecost + Sync
Movement 3 and the Feast of Tabernacle
“God is my Provider and Shelter” - The Feast of Tabernacle.
Simply put, it’s the season we remember the fact that God has shelthered us in the Exodus of Life, that in Christ we are protected, shelthered, and given a new home… to rest.
- Orphan Sunday (Home for those still in the desert, the orphans),
- Safe Families (shelter),
- Mental Health Sunday (rest for the mind - in development),
- Recess (Sabbath Rest for Families with Disabilities),
- Baptism (joining the Family of God, home),
- Membership (coming home),
- Anniversary (celebrating God’s faithful provision of shelter and providing a home for us, the local church).
- (Not yet developed, still in dream-vision stage, but for the longest time the elderly have been on my heart, especially those confined to homes with no one visiting them. Pray with me during Movement 3, Fall, for the elderly in America and in our families.)
You get it? Each season has a purpose, let’s enter it with praise and thanksgiving in our hearts, ready to clothe, shelter, and cover our brothers and sisters and those still under the heat of the Exodus sun.