Elohim | God the Creator | אֱלֹהִים
“In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.” - Genesis 1:1-2
- Elohim saw something of value when no one else could see it.
(He’s the God who Values Us)
- Elohim then spoke life into what was dead, formless, and empty.
(Believes in Us)
- Elohim then took the time and the effort to shape us into something beautiful.
(Raises/Parents Us into Maturity and Develops us into our Identity)
- Like our Elohim, we must see something of divine value in every person.
- Like our Elohim, we must speak life into what may seem formless, empty, or utterly chaotic.
- Like our Elohim, we must take the time to shape and invest in someone, some issue, etc.
The Plan | How Best to Approach Elohim
We must pray to Elohim when we are Anxious |
Anxiety occurs when we fear that the storm will get the best of us. Prayer fights the urge to worry, doubt, which usually ends up making us make worse decisions that creates more mess along the way. Prayer is the way we call upon the Lord who can bring beauty out of our ashes, prayer is a form of trust.
We must praise Elohim when we are Angry |
Anger occurs when we don’t get what we want, when we can’t control the storm. Praise fights the urge to fix things, control people, run from the storm. Praise is the way we call upon the Lord who can create order out of our chaos, praise is a form of trust.
We must proclaim Elohim when we are Afraid |
Proclamation is a way to breed a Spirit of Reliance. Rely on God to make it happen. How? Prayer is the best way to show God that you are relying on Him, the great Elohim.
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.” - Psalm 56:3
Try praying to Elohim this week and may God the Creator see, speak, and shape your life.